Saturday, May 28, 2016

Distraction, Writing, and the future of TentacleNews

It has been a long time since I have posted anything on here. Over 5 months in fact. But that isn't to say I haven't been busy. Sadly blogging has become less of a hobby for me. Twitter has become my go to place to share links and little events in my life. Streaming services like Twitch and places like Tumblr and dA have become new places to debut new art. The online store has taken off and we are doing well with sales, so I have been working on an odd variety of projects from prop replicas to a new novel concept. My new part time job even employs some of my art skills as I help design the look of new rooms at an Escape Room entertainment venue.
But I will try to not completely neglect this place. It is really where I got my start. But it can be tough to devote time and proper attention to every social media platform and project I have on the go. But I am hoping to turn this place into a source for one thing. While I will still do my annual best of list, this blog will become the site upon which I share my writing projects. I hope to return to my literary analysis projects of Lovecraft 101 and Pulp 101, which were still in their infancy when I took a few years off from them. But also my plan is to return to my bigger writing projects. The half dozen novels I have in progress, mainly. This site will hopefully become a place I can share early drafts and get feedback. My goal is to write one day every week. Pushing me to create new material that I can then share.
I hope those of you still following and reading this blog will enjoy what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment