Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Sketchbook - 3/7/2014

Nothing too exciting going on these days. I have too many projects on the go and too little time to actually chip away at them. If you have been following my twitter feed (which can be seen on the left side of this page), I have been trying to find the time to share some of my warmup sketches and exercises. This week has been far more work and far less motivation so I had little time to work in my figure studies or usual screenshot paintings. So, I thought I would make up for it by sharing some of these fun little concepts for potential upcoming sculptures. I am currently working on a miniatures skirmish game, and though the rule book is still long from being done, I have been chugging away at a multitude of ideas for little miniatures for my custom made army. It has been a long time since I have tried sculpting anything, but I am willing to dive back in head first. If nothing else, it is a lot of fun to make these fast little concept drawings.
Of that means lots of Lovecraftian monsters. But I also wanted to try my hand at something more light-hearted and I managed to be quite pleased with these fun little critters I created. I introduce the minute shamanistic culture of the Witherlings.
All images are the copyright of Jeff Powers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment