Saturday, November 2, 2013

Terry Pratchett

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. This is a series of books I hold very dear to my heart. They have made me laugh and spun my head with a whir of fantastic excitement for going on 15 years now. I recently had the joy of sharing these books with my fiance, who took to them as voraciously as I have. A few years ago, Pratchett was diagnosed with a rare form of Alzheimers disease. It is sad to think that eventually the world will be without the witty writing of this man, but his books will live on forever. There are plans to continue the series helmed by his skilled and willing daughter, but regardless of
their reception, Pratchett's original works will always be classics. Books I will certainly share with anyone I can.
The Telegraph recently posted this fantastic article and interview with Terry Pratchett. Written by a fellow long devoted fan, it is an interesting look at the impact of Pratchett's work. But more importantly, it is a heart-warming look at the man who created one of the most humorous series of fantasy novels to date.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh man! I can finally comment on your blog from Chrome. :) Loving the Terry Pratchett books, thanks for introducing me.

Post a Comment