Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The 5 Kingdoms - Vuul

For the past two years, I have been working on the illustrations for a roleplaying game called The 5 Kingdoms. These are some of the designs and illustrations I have made for that project. All images are the copyright of the artist, and all ideas and writing on the wiki are copyright of the game's creators.
Vuul - God of Blood
Illustration by Jeff Powers 
© 2013
Vuul is an obviously nasty sort of guy. I will admit my own morbid sense of enjoyment designing him. He went through many designs over weeks. At one point he even looked like an Arabian ninja. His final design is obviously influenced by The Temple of Doom, but even the final sketch was much more gruesome than I finally went with. We decided it might be best to tone it down. But I thought you still might like to see it in all its horrendous detail.
Sketch by Jeff Powers © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment