Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Doom That Came To Atlantic City

I was doing some research for reference images when I stumbled on this amazing find. As you may know, I am a huge fan of Lovecraft and board games. In fact one of my favorite passtimes is gathering a group of friends to play Arkham Horror (which seems a rarer occasions these days). I was excited when I found this Kickstarter project from Keith Baker, creator of one of my favorite little card games Gloom. It seems he and artist Lee Moyer, also love Lovecraft and board games. Now, when I say I love board games, that is not all inclusive. There is one game I truly dislike. Monopoly. A dreadfully long and unenjoyable game.
Baker and Moyer have decided to turn that game on its head with an incredibly Lovecraftian inspired game. Gone are the business moguls trying to make a buck and put up hotels, and in come the Dark Old Ones, seeking to overthrow all of existence. It might be something worth checking out. And with Baker's enjoyably dark sense of humor, I am sure it would be a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment