Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Big Sexy Problem with Superheroines and Their 'Liberated Sexuality'

I am a huge fan of the writing over at ComicsAlliance. I try not to reblog too much, but some of the stuff they post is just too good. They, like myself, have been rather disgusted with some of the changes made to the DC Universe. Somethings are easily overlooked, and others can just be chalked up to fanboy whining. But this week there have been some majorly glaring issues with the depiction of women in comics. It's not a new issue. It's one I have struggled with a lot. I am fan of comics, and specifically I am a fan of superhero comics. But there are somethings that need to change, and while it seems we are currently regressing, the issues have become less than subtle.
Laura Hudson has written this fantastic editorial on her own personal reaction to this week's comics. But not just that, as I have stated, this isn't just a reaction to a couple of comics. This has built up over many years. Please read her article and check out the great work going on over at Comics Alliance.

The Big Sexy Problem with Superheroines and Their 'Liberated Sexuality'

No comments:

Post a Comment