Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Morae River

Instead of the usual Tentacle Tuesdays I usually do. I really wanted to take the opportunity to showcase another illustrators blog that I whole heartily admire and enjoy. The Morae River is both an amazing body of work and a unique exploration into economic "what-ifs".
Artist and illustrator Brynn Methaney has crafted a completely believable world of immense wonder. What started as simple creature sketches took off into the worlds of thought, writing, and idea. She states on her website, "I’ve constructed a river and the ecosystems that might exist along it and have begun to make it my own. My effort is to represent the more notable of species to give you an understanding of Solturna, it’s flora, and fauna; to perhaps feel that these organisms are thought out, organized, and studied."
Take the time to look through the many posts of the blog and take in not only the artwork but the impressive conceptual ideas. Here are a few of her works, more can be seen on the full blog.


Images are the copyright of Brynn Metheney

No comments:

Post a Comment