Thursday, August 18, 2011

Knights of Badassdom looks...badass.

Usually nerd themed films come of as slightly funny, but in the end the nerds are still the butt of the joke. It is sort of a double edged sword. Elevate nerdom to popularity by still making fun of it. When I heard about the new indie film Knights of Badassdom, I had a few initial thoughts. This would either be about idiotic nerds who were into LARP'ing who bring in some "cool guy" and therefore actual cool things happen to otherwise socially unacceptable people. But instead KoB inhabits its nerd-empire with a broad range of characters from the strange to the hot. I still have no idea if this film will be worth my time or not but I plan to see it. And perhaps it is a step in the right direction. While I didn't love The Last Lovecraft, it was still a good progression of the horror comedy as it tries to distance itself from Shaun of the Dead.
Check out the trailer for the upcoming film, and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment