Friday, July 1, 2011

Short Shorts - Canada Day

Canada Day will always be special for me, even now that I am temporarily misplaced from the country that celebrates it. Many, many years ago my family uprooted once again and we packed up, moving to our new home. Taking an entire summer to wind our way through America one more time before settling down in a new country, in which to explore. Though we entered the country the evening before, July 1st was my very first full day in Canada. The celebrations of Canada Day harbored in the start of something all together new for me. Little did I know then, that I would fall in love with that country, taking it as my own. And though I am separated from my adopted home, this day will always serve as a reminder of just what that place means to me. Happy birthday Canada, I dearly miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment